- Participate in local events promoting the Friends' mission.
- Network with other environmental groups. Speakers Bureau for local organizations. Develop educational programs.
MANATEE WATCH VOLUNTEER
- Provide "on the water" information to the public about the Refuge and manatees (kayak/canoe)
- Flexible schedule during Manatee season.
FRIENDS GIFT SHOP/FRONT DESK
- Greet, assist and educate public/visitors about the Refuge and ecotourism opportunities.
- Assist with Friends™ Gift Shop sales.
- Oversee financial management of Friends.
- Plan and implement fund-raising events.
- Work with the Education Committee to bring hands-on environmental science education to Citrus County Elementary Schools through field trips to the Salt Marsh Trails.
- Assist the Board of Directors in dealing with governmental issues impacting the Refuge.
- Communicate the Board's views to elected officials, local state and national
- Propose communications to the local media regarding environmental issues.
- Grant Writing to benefit the Friends’ mission
- Friends Ambassador to the community
- Prepare and distribute newsletter and bulletins.
- Communicate Public Service Announcements and articles to the media
- Participate in local events and other opportunities to recruit members.
- Maintain database information and process renewal correspondence.
- Propose new member activities and benefits for membership interest and retention.
- Assist Board with special projects as needed including funding, etc.
- Projects (i,e.) Chassahowitzka Salt Marsh Trails. Dog Island Maintenance, Three Sisters Springs Project.
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number and the committees you are interested in, and our Volunteer Committee will contact you.